“For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.” — Ivan Panin
LOVE — that elusive emotion that captures our hearts, minds, and imagination!
We all want it, but the big question that plagues many of us is,
“How do I get it?”
Let’s try and answer that all-important question and set you on the road to welcoming love into your life,
whether you want it for the first time,
had it and lost it,
or just want to feel more of it in your current relationship.
“Love doesn’t make the world go ‘round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Franklin P. Jones
Prepare To Attract True Love Into Your Life
Being mentally prepared to allow love into your life can be the catalyst that sets everything in motion for you.
If you’re single and used to living alone, you may be pretty set in your ways. You may have a “single” mindset and, regardless of how much you desire love, you can’t picture disrupting your life to let someone else in. Sharing your life with another would entail major changes to your lifestyle.
Let’s face it — the single lifestyle is pretty egocentric. You go where you want, when you want, and with whom you want. Letting someone else in would change some of that.
But does love really cramp your style?
Or does it give you wings?
Only you can decide.
- If you truly feel that it cramps your style, or have other doubts about love, then your mind may be subconsciously stopping you from acquiring a lasting relationship.
- If you truly believe that love gives you wings, then your subconscious will undoubtedly orchestrate letting love into your life.
Spending time in prayer or self-reflection can help you clarify whether you really do want love in your life.
Open up to more people so you can get used to sharing your thoughts, ideas, and opinions with others.
There are also physical actions you can take to help you prepare yourself mentally for sharing your life with another:
1.Make room in your house. Is there room in your house for another person? You may want to do some cleaning so that another person and their “stuff” can fit in your house.
2. Make room in your bed. Instead of sleeping right smack bang in the middle and taking up the entire bed, move over to one side a bit.
3. Make room in your garage. If you have a double car garage, but only one car fits in, do some cleaning here also, to make room for someone else’s car.
All these things can help your mind get ready for love and in fact — expect it!
Instead of pushing love away, you’ll be ready to welcome it into your heart and mind.
“People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.” — Joseph F. Newton
Believe In Yourself
Finding love is really a quest within yourself more than a quest outside of you.
You deserve love!
Know that you deserve to be happy.
When you believe in yourself, you open the doors to love.
If you feel that you’re undeserving of love, then you push it further and further away from you.
others will follow your lead in how you treat yourself and treat you the same way.
If you treat yourself with love, others will instinctively love you.
If you treat yourself with respect, you can command the respect of others.
Never accept disrespect or mistreatment — from yourself or others.
Being yourself is being true to yourself.
When you act like you’re someone you’re not, others will, sooner or later, see through the facade.
The dishonesty that started out to make you look good will make you look undesirable instead.
In your quest for love,
your belief in yourself will draw others to you.
You can see this in action all around you.
Those who exude self-confidence always attract more attention from the opposite sex.
Recognize your strengths and abilities and be proud of who you are.
“You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
Put The Past In The Past
It’s important to let go of past loves and
forgive those who have hurt you.
Even though you think you may be punishing the one who hurt you,
the only one you’re really hurting is yourself.
It’s very difficult to welcome new love into your life when you’re holding onto such negative emotions about prior experiences with love.
How can you let go of such powerful negative emotions?
- Use affirmations. When you feel a negative emotion about the past, replace it with a statement that evokes a positive emotion instead. It’s like recording over a tape or CD.
- For example, if you feel unattractive because your old partner said you were ugly, an affirmation can accentuate something positive about your looks, such as, “I am a valuable and cherished person.”
- Repeat positive statements when you first wake up, throughout the day, and right before you go to sleep. The repetition helps create and strengthen new neural pathways in your mind while the old, negative pathways fall into disarray.
- Let one of your positive affirmations be that you forgive the one who hurt you. Perhaps, in reflection, you can realize how you learned something very valuable from that experience and you’re better off today because of what you learned.
- Use positive events as they happen to affirm and strengthen your new, positive beliefs.
2. Write in a journal. Writing your thoughts in a journal can help you reflect on your thoughts and release negative emotions. One good thing about this method is that you can write anything you want and no one will see it except you.
3. Visualize. You can visualize your negative emotions as pieces of paper that you let go into the wind and watch them disappear, never to return.
Once you’ve released the past and put it where it belongs — in the past — you’re free to focus on your present to bring new love into your life.
“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” — Lewis B. Smedes
Get Clear — What Do You Want?
What do you want in a mate?
Do you want someone who’s tall?
Dark hair or light?
Is a sense of humor important to you?
What about kids?
Are you looking for someone who shares the same faith?
Write down a list of everything you want — the more detailed the better.
Once you have your list, make this person real to you.
Some of the ways you can make them real include:
- Praying or Meditating
Focus on what you do want, rather than what you don’t want.
Imagine it vividly as if you already have this love.
Feel the joy and other positive emotions you get when you’re with this person.
Use all your senses and envision your times together — walking along the beach, cuddled up by the fireplace, going to one of your favorite places with them, and more.
Imagining every last detail and actually feeling the emotions are an important part of your vision!
Once you’ve gained clarity, let it go.
Think of this person as someone you’d love to be with, but avoid obsessing over it and feeling desperate to get it, as
desperation will only attract more feelings of desperation back to you with events that lead to further desperation.
like how much fun this person is,
are the type of emotions you want to feel.
Jack Canfield of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series of books,
attracted the woman of his dreams by putting in his order to the universe!
So can you!
Just get clear on what you want, put in your order, and let it go.
This, along with taking inspired action, will set things in motion for you to welcome the love of your life.
“If you don’t know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else.” — Lawrence J. Peter
Give Love To Receive It
People most often gravitate toward others who are much like themselves.
If you’re looking for love,
you want to be a loving person yourself in order for other loving people to enjoy being around you.
Consider being the “personification of love:”
- Love others unconditionally.
- Be open to others.
- Be giving.
- Focus on what others want, rather than what you want.
- Have a positive outlook on life.
In giving more love, you’ll attract more love back to you and find the love you’re looking for.
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.” — Mother Teresa
Regardless of the amount of preparation you go through in getting ready to welcome your true love, it still comes down to action to put your dreams into motion.
You most likely won’t meet the love of your life if you just sit at home.
Yes, love can come knocking on your door, but in most cases you must go out to meet it.
you may find love in the most unexpected places.
Take for instance, the grocery store.
You may be a frequent visitor to this store and never saw anyone whom you were interested in.
But once you’ve opened yourself to receiving love,
things can suddenly take a turn for the better.
You might just run into your love-to-be in aisle 5!
So talk to those around you in your daily routines.
The person standing in line in front of you at the bank might be the one you’ve been looking for.
The person you meet in the park as you’re jogging could be the love of your life.
You just never know,
but once you’re open to receiving,
you’re inviting love in, so let it come in!
Where Should You Go to Find the Love You Seek?
Go where your interests and hobbies take you.
If you like rock music, go to a concert.
If you like books, join a book club where members compare notes.
If you want a person with strong convictions in their faith, go to church.
Shared interests are great ice-breakers and can help your love endure.
Remember to let go, relax, and avoid obsessing about finding love.
Often love comes to you when you least expect it.
A note of caution about online dating: Meeting someone interesting online is common these days, but the internet must be handled with extreme care. Before you agree to meet your virtual friend offline in the real world, do your research.
Are they willing to give you their address and phone number? Do they have friends? Always remember to check their friends online and the comments they leave for them. You’ll learn a lot about your friend this way.
“Don’t cry for a man who’s left you, the next one may fall for your smile.” — Mae West
Creating A Romantic Environment With Feng Shui
“Feng Shui is a living skill. There’s no art to it. It’s scientific, it’s mathematical and at times it’s logical — with an element of magic”
Use a compass to determine the southwestern section of your home,
which is the area for manifesting love in your life.
Which part of your home falls in the southwestern sector?
Ideally, it should be the bedroom.
But don’t worry — even if it isn’t the bedroom,
you can still use Feng Shui to help you attract love.
Decorate your home with these Feng Shui strategies to help bring love into your life.
Here are some Feng Shui techniques to turn your bedroom into a love magnet:
- The headboard of the bed — preferably a double bed — should face the east or south wall of the room.
- Keep some rose quartz in the southwestern corner. The crystals can be heart-shaped, carved into animal shapes — a pair of any animal species is good — or spherical.
- Have everything in pairs in the room — two chairs for instance, or a pair of foot mats beside the bed, and two bedside lamps.
- Put up pictures or statutes of hummingbirds, butterflies, or flowers.
- Get rid of any shoe clutter, and throw out socks and gloves that don’t have matches.
- There should be no mirrors in front of the bed.
If your kitchen is in the southwestern corner, you have a challenge before you.
The kitchen is ruled by the element of fire, while the element of the southwest is earth.
Fire destroys earth.
Not to worry,
Feng Shui still has the solution:
- Place some ceramic — earth — objects here. They can be a pair of male and female ducks, a rooster and a hen, or other such “couples.”
- Keep a pink or red teapot in the kitchen.
- Enhance the energy of earth in the kitchen with utensils made of stone or clay, a marble cutting board, or a quartz mortar and pestle.
- Keep potted plants, especially those with pink flowers, in ceramic or clay pots.
- Paint the kitchen walls in shades of rose.
- If you use wallpaper, choose one with motifs of birds, butterflies, or flowers.
- Cake pans can be heart shaped.
- Keep some crystal ware in the kitchen. Crystals dissipate negative energy.
Water, the element of the bathroom, and earth, the element of the southwest, don’t make good bedfellows.
If your bathroom is in the southwestern section of the house, use the following Feng Shui tips to neutralize this placement of the bathroom:
- Ensure the color scheme is pink and white with gold accents.
- Mirrors in front of the toilet are a bad idea, but you can place mirrors in front of water faucets. The spraying water from faucets creates good chi — energy. By the way, keep the toilet lid down at all times.
- The bath mat can be heart-shaped or have floral motifs.
- To discourage negative chi, you can tie red ribbons on any pipes under the toilet and sink.
- Place a pair of rubber ducks on the rim of the bathtub.
The busy aura of a living room isn’t conducive to romance.
Besides, many living rooms have a fire element represented by a fireplace, gas stove, or television set.
Follow these Feng Shui tips to create a balance:
- Avoid displaying abstract art in the living room. Instead, have paintings of couples and romance.
- The color scheme of the living room should be red, rose, and gold. Repeat these colors in the lampshades or bulbs.
- Create a centerpiece of fresh flowers for the coffee table.
- Tall and ponderous column shapes in this area block good chi.
- The furniture should be made from wicker or stone — no glass. Short and squat shapes are best.
- Add a feminine touch to the room with pink lace and ribbons.
- Keep love chi bubbling with a stone fountain — preferably rose quartz — with river pebbles.
Home Office Or Study
The study in the southwestern section of your home is not advisable as business and pleasure don’t mix.
The southeast is the ideal area for this room.
However, Feng Shui has a way around this too!
- The study or work desk should be made from wood of a light color. It should not be huge and heavy, or have any metal or glass.
- The furniture should have rounded edges, not destructive sharp corners.
- A little stone fountain or statue of Kwannon, the Chinese Goddess of Compassion, will help.
- Keep some potted and hanging plants in this room to represent the earth element.
- You can keep pink topaz or rose quartz crystal here.
- The phone can be pink or red.
- Hollow copper wind chimes can deflect negative chi.
With a little bit of preparation and opportunity, you can welcome love into your life with confidence and joy in your newfound relationship.
Before you know it, you and your new love can be flying together on the wings of love and living happily ever after.
“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” — Author Unknown
Don't miss a single word. Get Publishous Magazine delivered directly to your inbox each week for FREE!
Please complete the form below and you will receive the next episode directly to the email address you provide.