“To me, YouTube isn’t just, ‘Watch my videos!’ It’s, ‘Let’s have a conversation and get involved in each other’s lives.’ I want to make [my fans] feel like they have a reason to have a YouTube account because they can comment and have a voice” — Shane Dawson
You may have wondered how to make money on YouTube.
Now is the time to learn so you too can become an expert at it and make the money that you deserve.
You can have fun while you’re making money on YouTube.
It’s a great way to make your own videos and promote them to the world while you’re making money.
Read on to ﬁnd out just how you can become your own YouTube professional with a bankbook to show for it!
What Is YouTube?
YouTube is owned by Google. You allow them to put Google Adsense ads on your videos and Google will pay you for page views or click-throughs on the ads. It takes many thousands of page views to make money, so you’ll want to promote your YouTube channel everywhere you can.
Another way to make money through YouTube is by placing ads for your own website or products to channel more customers your way.
Or you can include ads for products for which you are an aﬃliate and earn commissions when people buy through your aﬃliate link.
Ideas For Your Videos
Don’t vlog for views, vlog for your viewers
At YouTube, the most successful people show others how to do something that they don’t know how to do themselves, such as playing games online.
There’s also a huge audience of children who enjoy watching someone open and use brand name, popular toys.
Consider these ideas for your videos:
- Art. Art is a great subject to do on YouTube. Show the creative process of making your masterpiece from beginning to end.
- Music. Another great way to highlight your talents is with music.
- Woodworking. Show your expertise at making something out of wood.
- Auto mechanics. Anything to do with keeping up with a car is a great way to make money on YouTube. Be speciﬁc, so people can ﬁx their own vehicles.
- Martial Arts. Protection is a key reason for success in life. If you’re an expert, show what you know in the martial arts ﬁeld.
- Dancing. Most people want to learn how to dance, but can’t ﬁnd the courage. Show them how on YouTube.
- Travel. Show videos of the places you’ve visited or lived in.
- Tattoos. Ensure the video is clean enough to see the details.
- Makeup. Makeup artists do a great job making money on YouTube. Have a special niche that you can ﬁll.
- Video Games. Help others learn how to play video games.
- Other Interests. What are you an expert at?
Use what you know to make a detailed video and allow it to make you money.
Be serious about what you’re doing and have fun too.
Follow these steps to get started:
- Ensure your computer and video camera are in good working order. You’ll get higher quality videos.
- Gather your supplies. Get everything that you need in order to make your video.
- Go to the YouTube website and create your account. They have instructions for how to set up your account.
- Think about who would like what you’re ﬁlming. Who’s your audience? Keep them in mind when you’re showing them what they can do on your video.
- Film your video. If you don’t feel conﬁdent about ﬁlming, have someone else ﬁlm it for you.
- Promote your video to family, friends, and neighbors. Tell everyone you know so they take a look at your video.
- Use your own blog. Make your own blog and share your video there, too.
- Use social media sites to promote your video. Use Facebook, Twitter, and other social and video-sharing sites to help you promote your video to the world.
Equipment And Supplies
You want to have a computer that is in good working order.
It’s a good idea to have a camera attached to your computer or a video-phone camera that you can work with on a regular basis.
You may already have your equipment and supplies so you can just begin shooting your videos and making money right away.
Things To Consider
These tips will give you a great edge over what others are doing in the YouTube arena:
- Have a great imagination. Be creative with your video.
- Be meticulous. Make the highest quality video that you can.
- Take the project seriously. Making money on YouTube is a serious business, even if you are having fun.
- Know that you must get the word out. Understand that it’s your job to get the word out about what you’re doing.
- Create another video as soon as you can. Once you get one video up, make another, and another, and then another. Continue adding videos to your YouTube channel. The more the merrier — and the more money you’ll be making!
You’re not just vloggers, you’re entrepreneurs
YouTube is a great way to make money in your spare time, and can be very lucrative once you build an audience.
Remember to be positive, have fun, and be smart about what you’re doing.
You may ﬁnd that you have quite a knack for bringing interesting ideas to others with video.